Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Mother's Day Posting

Howdy from Jaclyn in Aggieland!

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to the mommas whose babies have grown up and left home. Who maybe have their own babies. Or even their babies have babies.

Happy Mother's Day to the first time momma who has realized just how much you can love a being.

Happy Mother's Day to mother-in-laws and mothers by marriage. I was blessed to marry into amazing one.

Happy Mother's Day to the momma's who are just glad they survived the week without killing their kiddo.

Happy Mother's Day to the momma's who have lost their baby. Whatever the tragedy that took that life away, I wrap my arms around you.

Happy Mother's Day to the mommas whose babies came to them through adoption. You are blessed.

Happy Mother's Day to the mommas in spirit. The teachers who love their students as if they were their own. The mentors who love on their cadets. The aunts who light up around their nieces and nephews.

Happy Mother's Day to those of us desperately waiting our turn. I lift us up in prayer that one day we will hold a child of our own. That we will be able to lay our little one down to sleep. That we can enjoy the day to day pleasures and horrors of motherhood. To those of us whose desire of motherhood never came to fulfillment, I grieve with you.

I have been blessed to have a wonderful mother. She always put our needs above her own. She taught me how to cook. She is silly and weird. She is my best friend. Her home is always home for me. I know that when life has me bogged down, I can take a trip home and be refreshed by mom's cooking, by sitting on the deck with her and reading, or by drinking a glass of wine. I love you, momma.

Me, Grandma, and Mom
K, My Mother-in-Law, and Hubba
Me, my new friend, my best friend, and her little stinker. :)
My sister, mom, grandma, and nephew

Thanks and Gig 'Em!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.

"I don't much care where --" said Alice.

"Then it doesn't much matter which way you go," said the Cat.

"--- so long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation.

"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if only you walk long enough."
- Lewis Carroll in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland