Monday, May 19, 2014

Penne with Asparagus, Spinach and Bacon

Howdy from Jaclyn in Aggieland!

Tonight we had Penne with Asparagus, Spinach, and Bacon for dinner. It was really good and really pretty easy to make. Hopefully we don't forget about it!

I am struggling getting into a good sleep habit which is kind of messing with how good of a job I am doing on accomplishing my goals. I am trying to not nap, because naps for me turn into falling into a deep sleep for 4-6 hours which means that at midnight, I am wide awake. But because I didn't nap, I am ready for bed right now (at 8:01pm).  I have also found that I am having a hard time getting comfortable at night. I get super itchy, or my shoulder hurts, or my hand falls asleep, or I am too hot, or too cold, or there is too much light, or too much noise, or not enough noise... It is really frustrating.

Now, for something not so negative. I finished reading A Dance with Dragons last night. Maybe that isn't "not negative" now that I think about it since I spent most of last night frustrated with what is going on. However, that means I get a break from A Song of Fire and Ice. I don't know about anyone else, but I am so grateful for breaks between books with this series. I normally am ready to read the next book. I love to marathon read (or watch, in the case of TV) series. But I can't do it with this. I probably won't stray too far from fantasy, though, as that is my favorite to get lost in. I might not even travel far from the "medieval fantasy."

So, I can read The Fault in Our Stars. I hear I need a box of tissues to read it, though, so I might wait for a weekend that has nothing going on so I can just curl up and read and ignore the world outside my doors. I can also now read some of the books Hubba brought home from the Book Sale. I will either read Green Rider, the first in a series by Kristen Britain, or The Mists of Avalon, a stand-alone by Marrion Zimmer Bradley. I also need to order the second book in The Enchanted Forest Chronicles. The first book, Hubba and I read together before bed.

So, my questions for you are:
  • What is your bedtime routine? How do you help yourself fall asleep?
  • What is on your reading list?
Thanks and Gig 'Em!

1 comment:

  1. Bedtime - brush teeth, wash face, moisturize, read 15-45 minutes (no later than 10:30 - I get up at 5:30)

    A few book suggestions - And The Mountain Echoed by Khaled Hosseini - The Girl You Left Behind & Me Before You by Jojo Moyers - Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger - Under The Dome by Stephen King

    ReplyDelete

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.

"I don't much care where --" said Alice.

"Then it doesn't much matter which way you go," said the Cat.

"--- so long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation.

"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if only you walk long enough."
- Lewis Carroll in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland