Saturday, May 10, 2014

Cleaning List for the Week

 Howdy from Jaclyn in Aggieland!

This week is the official start to my summer. I finished entering grades this evening. I still have a lot of work to do to get ready for summer school, but I am going to take this opportunity to try to get in some cleaning beyond just pick up the clutter, take out the trash, and sweep the floors. My goals for this week are:
  • Air Conditioners: We have window units. I am going to clean all four of them. Soak the filters in a water and vinegar solution and let them dry. Vacuum the coils. Wipe down the exterior panel and control panel with disinfectant wipes
  • Baseboards: Ugh... Not looking forward to the bending down aspect, but they need it! I read that if you wipe them with a fabric softener sheet, that it will repel dust. 
  • Blinds: Another frustrating job, but someone's gotta do it. Going to try the dryer sheet here too... And using cotton gloves with a water and vinegar solution...
  • Floors: We have all hardwood floors. They definitely need a good sweeping and dry dusting. After that, I will use whatever that product is that our landlords have approved for cleaning the floors.
  • Furniture: Vacuum off the couch, chair and boxes. Spray with a water and vinegar solution. Force open the windows to let everything have a good airing out.
  • Lampshades: Use a lint roller on them and use some kind of blowing device to blow out the crevices.
  • Pillows: Wash them and hope they don't bunch.
Here is a picture of a sassy Tonks who missed me so much!

And here is a picture of Kitty who doesn't understand that you are supposed to hold your pose. She would be cute and then immediately move.... Little stinker...


I did not work at all today. I did not do any intellectual pursuits. I have not read from my Bible or from HTRTBFAIW yet, but I will at least read from my Bible before bed. I did not exercise. I did not deliberately choose my meals for the day, but I did plan out meals for the next four days. I did not take my multivitamins or drink enough water. I did do one load of laundry and cleaned for 30 minutes. We ate out for dinner. I paid bills. And watched several episodes of House.

Thoughts on cleaning house?

Thanks and Gig 'Em!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jaclyn! Good luck with cleaning your house. I also like to keep a list of things that should be done. I usually post them on the refrigerator door for the whole family to see, just to be reminded of things that should be done and who should do them. You have a lot of things to do and I hope you get them done. Remember, a clean house makes a good home! Have fun! :)

    Lewis Simpson

    ReplyDelete

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.

"I don't much care where --" said Alice.

"Then it doesn't much matter which way you go," said the Cat.

"--- so long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation.

"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if only you walk long enough."
- Lewis Carroll in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland