Monday, May 12, 2014

A Clean Bathroom and French Bread Pizza

Howdy from Jaclyn in Aggieland!

Yesterday, we went to root on the Aggie Men's Tennis team in the second round of the NCAA Championship Tournament. Unfortunately, we lost, but we put up one hell of a fight. Most people thought the day was done shortly into the Men's Singles, but some impressive comeback play had us with a chance through the last set of the last match. It was a very hot and humid day with little wind, so the climate impacted everyone there. We had plans to make it to the grocery store yesterday, but after being out for four hours, we were pretty exhausted. Hubba made it to the store this afternoon, though. So Meal #1 of the week is French Bread Pizza! This is a super easy, super fast, and super flexible meal. Here is what I did:

I cut the loaf in half because there is only two of us and I can use the other half for some other meal later this week or lunch or something. I then split one of the halves in half like a hot dog bun. On each cut side, I basted the bread with melted butter and sprinkled the sides with Italian seasoning and a little garlic powder. I then toasted it. I like to do this otherwise the bread stays a little too soft for my personal preferences. After the bread was toasted a little, I pulled it out of the oven and put some tomato and basil sauce on each piece. We made a margherita style pizza, so I then put some slices of tomato and mozzarella cheese on. If I had thought about it, I would have also added at least one other kind of cheese since mozzarella by itself can sometimes turn into a plastic consistency. Pop it back in the oven for about 10 minutes. Once the cheese is melted and slightly brown (you have to watch it!), I sprinkled some roughly chopped up basil on top and dinner was ready! You can do all kinds of fun stuff with this. Set up a toppings bar and let each person make their own pizza. I remember my mom doing that when I was a kid and it was always fun to decide what i wanted on my pizza. What would you put on your personal French bread pizza?

My cleaning project of the day was to scrub the bathroom from top to bottom. I started by wiping all surfaces I could reach, including walls, windows, mirrors, etc, with warm soapy water and then wiping again with clean water. I then cleaned the window and mirror with glass cleaner, the outside of the sink and toilet with Scrubbing Bubbles, scrubbed the inside of the sink, toilet and tub with Ajax, and mopped the floor twice: once with a vinegar and water solution and once with pine sol. Our home is an older house so there are often mysterious smells. Hopefully this will get rid of them, at least temporarily. I also washed the shower curtain and replaced the lining as well as washed all of the towels. I put some finishing touches on it to try to bring it all back together and lit a candle.

Also, I need a schedule to follow. So today, I came up with one that will work through the summer. If you want to help me with accountability, you can send me a text or give me a call to encourage me to go work out and you will know when I think I should be going.


-->
6:30am-7:00am Get Ready
7:00am-8:30am Bible Study/Devotional
8:30am-9:00am Drive Time
9:00am-10:00am Work at Office
10:00am-11:35am Class
11:35am-12:30pm Office Hours
12:30pm-1:30pm Lunch
1:30pm-2:00pm Drive Time
2:00pm-3:30pm Work Out
3:30pm-4:00pm Drive Time
4:00pm-4:30pm Shower
4:30pm-5:00pm Make Dinner
5:00pm-6:30pm Dinner
6:30pm-7:00pm Clean up Kitchen
7:30pm-8:00pm 30 minutes of cleaning
8:00pm-10:00pm Relax, Read, Physics, Etc
10:00pm-6:30am Sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.

"I don't much care where --" said Alice.

"Then it doesn't much matter which way you go," said the Cat.

"--- so long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation.

"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if only you walk long enough."
- Lewis Carroll in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland