Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Tired...

Howdy from Jaclyn in Aggieland!

Today was long. I didn't get to stop or rest from the time I woke up until about 4:30 today - and that was just long enough to spend a few minutes putting my head down on a desk and taking a couple of deep breaths because I at least had everything done that required assistance from the office... I at least had the exams for tomorrow ready to go...

I spent about 5 hours with students. I spent a good bit of time getting tomorrow's exams finished, printed, organized and sorted. I gathered, filled out, scanned in, and posted answers to the quizzes corresponding to tomorrow's exam. I have been responding to emails since I woke up. I will continue to respond to emails until I go to bed.

We are two and a half weeks down in the session. Two and a half weeks to go.

Tomorrow is an exam day. I wish I could just cancel class on Friday to give me a chance to breathe, to mentally get away. I know they wouldn't mind... until we have to speed up to cover everything again. It is when you are in the middle that it feels like you are trying to run through molasses. It will be over before we know it. We just need to persevere.

I am tired tonight. So tired. I am so glad I am not teaching during summer II. I am so glad for the blessings given to us that gives me the freedom to not teach. I need rest... I need my body to relax. I need my jaw to unclench. I need down time... Time to paint my nails and shave my legs. Time to clean my house... again...

Thanks and Gig 'Em!


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.

"I don't much care where --" said Alice.

"Then it doesn't much matter which way you go," said the Cat.

"--- so long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation.

"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if only you walk long enough."
- Lewis Carroll in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland