Friday, June 6, 2014

One Week Down!

Howdy from Jaclyn in Aggieland!

One week is down and it is the most brutal of the five, just in terms of the pace of the class. This week, we had to cover something like 10 pages of notes a day and I gave graded assignments every day. Phew! I am glad this week is over!

Already on day 2, I had a large group of students making up my core group in office hours. It has been increasing where I now have to conduct office hours in a larger room than my office. I think that means that some of them actually listened that first day. But, they are also very scared for the exam that is on Monday.

I am a little worried for them and feeling a little guilty because I am ditching them completely this weekend to celebrate our anniversary - I won't even be available via email! *gasp* Obviously, spending this weekend with Hubba is way more important, but I do wish there was a little bit more time I could offer them before the exam. Oh well... I won't feel that bad for that long. :)

After this exam, the material gets more difficult, but we get to slow the pace down. I am happy for that. I have been very uncomfortable with the pace this week, so I can only imagine how they are feeling.

TGIF!

Thanks and Gig 'Em!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.

"I don't much care where --" said Alice.

"Then it doesn't much matter which way you go," said the Cat.

"--- so long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation.

"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if only you walk long enough."
- Lewis Carroll in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland