Thursday, June 12, 2014

Songs of My Life

Howdy from Jaclyn in Aggieland!

This post is going to be light and fun because PCOS is heavy (pun intended) and sad and I am working on a post that is kind of deep for me, if I can get up the courage to post it. I believe in the sandwich method.

I have always thought that making a music play list that represented my life would be a really cool thing to do. However, it is really hard to choose the songs. Today, I am making a list of songs, one from each year I have been alive, from the "Billboard Top 100 Songs of ****." I tried to choose them based on something special, but that is hard too. Also, I think my real play list would be much longer and much more in depth, but this is a good place to start.

1983: Every Breath You Take by The Police (LOL... Because that is when I took my first breath...)
1984: Lucky Star by Madonna
1985: We Built This City by Starship
1986: You Give Love a Bad Name by Bon Jovi
1987: Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2
1988: Sweet Child 'O Mine by Guns 'N Roses
1989: Love Shack by B-52s
1990: Step by Step by New Kids on the Block
1991: Something to Talk About by Bonnie Raitt
1992: End of the Road by Boyz II Men
1993: Ooh Child by Dino
1994: The Sign by Ace of Base
1995: Waterfalls by TLC
1996: Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio
1997: Wannabe by Spice Girls
1998: I Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith
1999: Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
2000: All the Small Things by Blink 182
2001: Fallin' by Alicia Keys
2002: Standing Still by Jewel
2003: Front Porch Lookin' In by Lonestar (Really hard to pick a favorite... Lots of good songs...)
2004: White Flag by Dido
2005: Daughters by John Mayer
2006: You and Me by Lifehouse
2007: Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
2008: You're Gonna Miss This by Trace Adkins
2009: Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band
2010: Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars
2011: Raise Your Glass by P!Nk
2012: A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
2013: Roar by Katy Perry
2014: (Obviously, it's a little early, but...) Automatic by Miranda Lambert

Oh man... There were some years that was REALLY hard to choose a song for... Mid-90's had tons of songs and late-80's...

Thanks and Gig 'Em!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.

"I don't much care where --" said Alice.

"Then it doesn't much matter which way you go," said the Cat.

"--- so long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation.

"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if only you walk long enough."
- Lewis Carroll in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland