Monday, July 14, 2014

Welcome to the Real World

Howdy from Jaclyn in Aggieland!

WARNING: I use a bad word in this post! I also talk about something some people might find gross... You have been warned....


***********************************************************************************


 

My SIL was telling me about the kids fighting over who should clean up the poopy mess made by one of the pets (or it could have been more than one pet... who knows...). I guess the general rule is that if your pet makes the mess, then it is your responsibility to clean it up. If no one knows whose pet it is, then who does the cleaning fall to?

For me, it turned into a lesson on life: Sometimes in life, you have to do shitty jobs that you don't think is your responsibility for the good of the family or the community you are involved in. Sometimes, you have to pick up other people's (or being's) messes. Sometimes, life is not fair. Would you rather live with the shit just because you feel strongly that it's not your job to do or just pick it up and move on? For me, I'd rather just get it over and done with... But I don't know I thought about it like that when I was the kids' ages.

Thanks and Gig 'Em!



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.

"I don't much care where --" said Alice.

"Then it doesn't much matter which way you go," said the Cat.

"--- so long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation.

"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if only you walk long enough."
- Lewis Carroll in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland